SCORE will host the Early Literacy Summit, an event that will include the release of Urgency For Literacy: How Tennessee Can Deliver Student Reading Success, an important report on literacy with recommendations for how to address Tennessee’s literacy crisis. The Summit is aimed at educators, district leaders, community members, school board members, and anyone else who might benefit from a day of learning on this important topic. Natalie Wexler, author of The Knowledge Gap, will be the keynote speaker.
Monday, March 9, 2020
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. CDT
Omni Nashville Hotel
250 Fifth Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203
Space is limited, so we encourage you to register early. Registration will close on March 4 at 11:59 p.m. CST or when the event reaches capacity. Registered participants will receive detailed logistical information closer to the event date. There is no cost to register for the event, and lunch will be included.
There is not a group rate for this event. In addition to staying at the Omni, these hotels are within walking distance of the event site.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Downtown | 310 Fourth Ave. S., Nashville, TN 37201 (250 ft. away)
- Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Nashville | 305 Korean Veterans Blvd., Nashville, TN 37201 (500 ft. away)
- Hyatt Place Downtown Nashville | 301 Third Ave. S., Nashville, TN 37201 (.1 miles away)
- Hilton Downtown Nashville | 121 Fourth Ave. S., Nashville, TN 37201 (.3 miles away)
- JW Marriott | 201 Eighth Ave. S., Nashville, TN 37203 (.4 miles away)
If you have logistical questions, please contact SCORE Events & Special Projects Manager Leigh George.
For questions about the program or agenda, contact SCORE Senior Director of Research and Innovation Courtney Bell.
All times listed are Central.
9:00-9:30 a.m. – Registration
9:30-11:15 a.m. – Report release and keynote address from Natalie Wexler
11:15 a.m. -12:15 p.m. – Lunch
12:15-1:15 p.m. – Breakouts by role (teachers, leaders, advocates)
1:15-2:15 p.m. – Breakouts by materials (CKLA, EL, Wit and Wisdom)
2:15-3:00 p.m. – Closing
The agenda will be updated as the program is finalized.