The State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE) has re-launched its website, www.tnscore.org, with a bright new design. Here are seven reasons you should drop by for a visit.
- 1. Easy access to SCORE policy memos and other reports. SCORE is a research and advocacy institution, and we are data-driven when it comes to developing policy positions. A bookcase on the home page displays our latest reports. The new Research/Policy section will lead you to our policy memos, Pathways to the Prize booklets of best practices, public opinion surveys, and other reports. New technology makes it easier than ever to read the reports in a browser or to download them as PDFs.
- 2. Educator Spotlight. Teachers, school leaders, and district leaders have been instrumental in helping Tennessee achieve historic gains in student academic achievement. This feature, found in a tab on the bookcase on our home page, focuses on our dedicated educators and their important work. Dr. Penny Ferguson, an 11th-grade English teacher at Maryville High School, is our first educator in the spotlight.
- 3. All the news, all in one place. The News Center aggregates the day’s top Tennessee education news and opinion and displays all of our social media posts and news releases in one place.
- 4. Better-than-ever blog. The SCORE Sheet is the online conversation about education policy and practice in Tennessee. The new website design enhances the readability of the blog and highlights our authors and their expertise.
- 5. Videos, videos, videos. Our video gallery in the tab above the homepage bookcase features outstanding videos featuring examples of educator best practices, stories of schools making incredible strides in student achievement, and information on key policy initiatives.
- 6. Social media savvy. See something you like on the site that you want to share? The design makes it easy to post to Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn with share buttons.
- 7. The skinny on SCORE. Learn more about the mission, work, and core values of SCORE on our About page. Meet members of our board, steering committee, and team, and stay abreast of job openings at SCORE. Sign up for our newsletters so you can stay connected. There’s also an easy form on the Contact Us page for sending questions or comments.
SCORE collaborated with Snapshot Interactive, a Nashville digital agency that also does our video work, to create this website. The site is optimized for viewing on both desktop and mobile devices. We hope you visit often and let us know what you think.